The Network Operations Center (NOC) and Project Services team at Questeq supports customer sites as part of our Educational Technology Management (ETM) service. We provide three classes of service:
- Preventative such as server maintenance and network monitoring
- Reactive by resolving tickets submitted to the NOC by Questeq onsite team members
- Transformative by implementing project requests for servers; storage area networks; switches; wireless; Office365; Google for Education; and backup / recovery just to name a few.
Prior to the 2016-17 school year, the NOC added more engineering talent to address the peak summer project season. Michael Lipnicky, Jason Allen and Curtis Smithley recently joined Keith Brant, Mark Wolfe, and Mike Miller. The new team members are quickly becoming familiar with Questeq processes and technology at our customer sites.
Looking forward, Questeq anticipates adding several more school districts to our customer list this year. The new team members will help maintain and grow our high level of customer support to both existing and new sites.
Now that the summer rush is over, Project Services is currently working with several of our districts on the following projects.
- Technical design for the 2017-18 school year E-rate bids
- Migrating to Gmail and G Suite for Education (formally Google Apps)
- Implementing inTune and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Moving on premise servers such domain controllers and email to the Microsoft Cloud
These are only a few of the projects and ongoing support that the NOC and Project Services provides to all of our ETM sites located throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.